We have over 200 families enjoying the dog park! We need to get our membership numbers up to 500 families to support the dog park at the current fees! If you would like to attend orientation or registration, the next one is Nov 28th. Great for anyone coming to visit from out of town for Thanksgiving who would like to join! Please encourage everyone to join the park, it’s so much fun! Here is a link with details and they are pasted below as well: http://www.facebook.com/events/245940602200221/
Also, by popular demand, we will try to coordinate Orientation and Registration about 2 times per month- please go to www.doylestownrec.com for details on upcoming Orientation and Registration news. To sign up for an Orientation, make sure you click “Go to Checkout” even though it’s free so we can print your certificate ahead of time.
Join us Saturday, Dec 1 from 11-5 at Life on the Leash in Doylestown for Santa Paws! Thank you Doylestown Animal Medical Clinic for underwriting this event so 100% of the proceeds go to the Dog Park!
Sat, Dec 1 at Life on the Leash
42 E. State St., Doylestown, PA
11 am – 5pm
Reserve your spot now visiting or calling Life on the Leash: 267- 247-5567. Walk-ins welcome too!Free for anyone who purchases a Brick or Paver at the event! Otherwise, it’s a $10.00 minimum donation to Dog Park Fun.
(You can get both the Santa and Winter Wonderland scene pictures for a minimum $15 donation). Accepting cash or checks (made out to Doylestown Borough with Dog Park in memo). We’ll also have great raffles-if you’d like to donate or volunteer contact Jan at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please make sure pets are on a SHORT LEASH (flexi leashes cause chaos!), are up to date on all vaccinations and are well behaved around other dogs.
It’s sad that we have to say this, but, there’s always one person every year that needs to hear this message: animal abuse of any kind will not be tolerated. Do not bring your dog on a choke chain and give him/her corrections or yell at him/her to try to get them to pose for the picture!
Orientation and Registration details:
On the dates below, we will offer Orientation for the first hour and then Registration right after! If you have already been to Orientation, you are welcome to come to Registration right after Orientation ends. If you are coming to Orientation and want to Register at the same time, make sure to bring all of your paperwork.
To RSVP for Orientation, please create a household account with Doylestown Township at www.doylestownrec.org(or login if you already have created one) then click on Activities on the right and then click on Doylestown Dog Park Orientation and register for one of the upcoming classes. If it says it’s full, still come and sign in manually. Please make sure to click on CHECKOUT even though it’s free. If you don’t, then we won’t know you are coming and won’t have an Orientation certificate for you.
Make sure to arrive early, anyone arriving 10 min after the class begins will be turned away to attend a future class. It’s really important than every is present to hear all the same info so we are all on the same page at the park.Orientation dates:
Wed. Nov. 28th, Susie Danzis., 7:00 to 8:00 pm, Doylestown Township. Activity Center (425 Wells Road, Doylestown, PA 18901, red building at the back of the parking lot behind the Township Building at Central Park) Registration will start at 8pm
Registration Step by Step:
0. Before you come, you must create a household account at www.doylestownrec.com They can’t register you without it so make sure you do it before you bring all your papers and form in
1. You must register in person.
2. Complete the registration form, sign off sheet, and waiver (pgs. 19-22 in the Dog Park Application & Info Packet). Doylestown Borough and Township citizens will be registered at the resident rate. All other residency is determine by where your taxes are paid.
3. Bring your registration form, waiver, copies of your vaccination documentation (Bordetella, Distemper and Rabies) , dog license receipt, and your original orientation certificate to the Township Building or Off-Site Registration location.
Township Registration Hours: Monday through Friday from 9am to 3:30pm
Wed. Nov. 28th, 8:00 pm, Doylestown Township. Activity Center (425 Wells Road, Doylestown, PA 18901, behind the Township Building at Central Park)
4. Submit all documentation and pay the registration fee.
5. Checks only at Off-Site Registration events. Cash, checks, credit card are accepted at the Doylestown Township Bldg.
6. Receive your key fob and tag for your dog. A key fob is required to enter the dog park. The tag will identify your dog as registered for the dog park.
7. Your receipt will be emailed to you If you do not have email please provide a self addressed stamped envelope.